Wednesday, November 7, 2007

tailgaters anonymous

well, not so anonymous. sounds good anyway. why do drivers tailgate.. what does it accomplish. Not a thing. However, many accidents are caused by this bad habit. Sitting in traffic, waiting in a turning lane.. a guy was rearended. He got a ticket too.. because the officer said he was following too closely to the vehicle in front of him. He was Sitting Still.. but he still got a ticket. Okay, that seems like a make money quick ploy to me too... it doesnt make the roads safer, just makes the drivers a little more cynical, do you blame them? Following too closely while moving can be a whole different story. One glance away from the vehicle ahead of you, and wham, what happened? Or you see you're about to crash, and you jam on the brakes and smoke em? Then sometimes there is the major slow moving traffic jam and no one wants to give an inch. It is so rude.. it is so useless.. no one gets ahead this way.. the only way to get anywhere is to give a little.. everyone needs to give a little. I leave a space in front of me, I don't care who jumps in there, I just leave that space.. I keep moving forward, and eventually, I get where I'm going.. so what harm did it do? Will I be arriving at my destination any later? How would I know? I will never know, that's the whole truth right there.. drive safe, see ya later...

No comments: